Thursday, May 22, 2014

Another family reflection

I thought the DVD was excellent!  I felt like I could relate to so much of what was shared by the different families.  I could especially relate to the families that shared about how they wanted to follow God’s plan – whatever that might be.  One family spoke about how difficult it was to love a foster child and have that child leave; but that they needed to trust God’s plan.  They loved and cared for a child because that child needed a loving home – No, it isn’t easy! But how can we turn away a child in need because it might make us sad or be difficult?  I also appreciated the fact that fostering or adopting children may not be the way to serve for every Christian family but that there are MANY ways to support, serve or mentor – I would hope after watching this DVD that each of us; every Christian, would be inspired to begin our search immediately to find our way to serve and support families and children in crisis – there are children are waiting….. 
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment