Sunday, May 4, 2014

Faultless Video Refections



Dear Friend,

I am excited that you have decided to consider becoming involved in orphan care in America (or take another step in some way).  I am going to pray for you and your family.  Before you watch the movie, go to this site:  http://www.iamfaultless.com/ and check out the group guide/Bible Study.  After you watch the movie, I’d love for you to write a reflection here (can be just one sentence) for me to see and for the next person to check out. I think it will be encouraging to see how different we all react to the same call.  I love that God made us all different and with different reactions and talents to offer Him. I can’t wait to see where our journal takes us together on this adventure with a wild God who loves lavishly and with reckless abandon and who expects us to imitate that crazy kind of love.  

12/5/2013 Jonas and Abby

We have adopted one and fostered one (when I first watched this) so far, but one day I believe that God might bring us to a child to add to our family that is at risk of "aging out of the system" without a family.  Each month when I read the stories of older children in the back of the Bethany Christian services magazine, my heart breaks for them.  Everyone needs a Mama and Daddy, no  matter his/her age.  I am going to pray for that ONE that might need us one day.  For now, we are just happy adventuring with God to answer the calls that come in for short-term placements!  We said yes recently to two little gals that we have had before. Though six kids for 8 days was a lot of work, it was such a blessing. They brought us all so much joy, and our family enjoyed serving them together.

No comments:

Post a Comment